Weighing in at 8lbs 7oz, 20 3/4inches long at 6:08pm. With a full head of beautiful dark hair. Above is a picture of the whole family after Isabella was born.First off I would like to say sorry for taking so long to get pictures up of the new arrival. We have had a couple busy days and a lot has happened. The day of our planned induction did not at first go as planned. We arrived at the hospital at the time they wanted us there got me on an IV and started me on pitocin. When the my doctor, Dr. Bair, showed up about an hour or so into the induction. Walking into my room with an ultrasound machine. He said that he was driving to the hospital this morning and had a feeling that my baby was breech. So he got me on the ultrasound machine and yes sure enough she was breech to all of our surprise. My doctor then told me that I had two options...1) go home and wait to see if the baby would flip back (3-5% chance of that happening) or 2) have a c-section. Of course I was very upset about this new news and needed some time to think it over with Jared. As we talked it over I realized that if I were to wait that I would be pretty upset if I just ended up with a c-section anyway. So we then decided on having a c-section. As we had decided that Dr. Bair walked back in the room and said he now had a third option. We didn't understand what that meant but wanted to know more of course. While he was out in the hall giving us a while he ran into another doctor that specialized in high risk pregnancies. He talked with her about my situation and she said that she thought he could flip her (the reason why he thought he couldn't before was because of where the placenta was positioned and the baby's head). So he thought he would give it a shot, but he wanted us to know that if the baby went into distress at all that we would have to do an immediate c-section, but since we had already decided on doing one anyway it sounded good to us. So the lubricated my belly and proceed to try and flip the baby holding her bottom in one hand and pushing her head around with the other. And we were able to do it successfully!!!! The only thing that felt uncomfortable about flipping the baby was the constant pressure that he was putting on the baby's bottom to get her not to flip back. So needless to say we were very happy that she flipped back and we were able to proceed with the induction. Now the baby was still high and so the labor took longer than my last one especially because she never dropped down. Thank goodness for epidurals. As she was coming out the noticed that the cord was wrapped around her neck, so they quickly took care of that problem and then she was out. I personally think the reason why she never came down maybe is because she was all tangled up in the cord (probably from the flipping). Besides all the mess that we had at the beginning, we were all happy when it was over and Isabella was here.
As you can see her big sister and big brother were also happy that she was finally here so that they could hold her. They were the first to see her after she was born. Below are some pictures of out new addition.
Isabella just a couple hours old!
Isabella's first outing out of the house to the pediatrician.
Isabella all dressed up for her doctor appt.
8 comments:
She's so precious Patti! Congratulations you guys! I'm glad things turned so well!!
Wow! What an ordeal! By the photos though, it was all worth is, 'cause you have a gorgeous daughter... just one to add to a beautiful family!!
CONGRATS!
Rachel
yeah! So cute!
Oh, robynyoder@yahoo.com
Jared asked me for it. Pass it on!
Congratulations! That is an amazing story. I am so glad it went so well for you. My third was a more difficult labor too...you wouldn't think it would be that way. I second the epidural praise. Isabella is just gorgeous. I can't believe how perfectly shaped her head and features were right after birth.
Isabella is a total beauty, Patti! You are so amazing to have her all dressed up just days after birth. My poor kids get stuck in the sleepers for months. I hope you are feeling well!
what a cutie! this is making me excited to have our own new baby...except for the entire part about actually having her:) i'm excited to meet her sometime soon. how's the recovery?
Beautiful Family...
How exciting!!!!
Post a Comment