First off I have to say sorry for not posting at all this month so far. I guess having three children is making me busier than I thought I would be. We have been doing stuff and I have taken pictures, but I never seem to find the time to get them on my blog. So I decided to skip to the end of the month. We just had Lexi's birthday not to long back. She turned 6 years old and I can't believe how much she has grown. For her birthday we took her out to her favorite place to eat, Red Robin. Where they sang to her and she got to take two balloons home instead of one. She really liked when everyone gathered around to sing to her.
Then on her birthday she really wanted to have breakfast in bed. A while back she had asked me when she could have breakfast in bed, since Jared and I got breakfast in bed on Father's and Mother's day. I told her on her birthday she could and she remembered. So I took her order the night before to make sure I had everything. She wanted pancakes, sausage and OJ. Most of the time Lexi is a pretty clean eater so I wasn't too afraid of her having a sticky bed.
Then she was able to have another friend party this year. Last year I did it at Papa's Pizza and it wasn't too much trouble, but this year we didn't. She wanted to have a PRINCESS Party!! So I had her help me plan everything that she wanted to do at her princess party. She said that princess's have crown and jewelry. So we decided to decorate crowns with every ones names on them and they made beaded necklaces and bracelets. Then instead of decorating the cupcakes beforehand, we had the girls each decorate their own Princess cakes. They loved choosing their own color frosting and decorations. Then to top off the party we had Lexi's first Pinata!! She has been really wanting one for awhile, but I always thought she was too young to truly enjoy it, so I told her this year we could. Lexi said that the Pinata was the best part of the party. Above is a group picture of all the Princesses at the party after they decorated their crowns and had their jewelry on.
Singing, "Happy Birthday to Lexi"! (notice only two candles, after she had decorated her cupcake only two would fit)Overall planning the party wasn't too hard and the girls were really easy. I also had some help from Gavyn's mom, it was so great to have her help. And Jared also helped with the Pinata. Lexi said, "It's a good thing daddy is tall and put the pinata up or else we might not have been able to do it!" I am grateful that he came home to help with that.
.jpg)
4 comments:
Hey, where was Spence during all this FUN? Oh yeah....his favorite aunt Michelle took him all day so he could play with Billy and not annoy Lexi and her friends! :o)
Happy Birthday, Lexi! I can't believe she's six now! It sounds like you went all out on her party, you're such a great mom :)
Happy Birthday Lexi! She's such a sweet girl!
Happy Birthday Lexi! What a cute little b-day party idea!
Post a Comment