Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jared has been gone (in the DR) too much...


Okay all, I am totally cheating. This is Jared. I have been traveling way too much of late with work and figured I owed my wife a few public words of thanks. As most of you know, Patti pulled a switch-a-roo on me this last week and went off on a trip without me or the kids, much the same as I have done 8 times since April. Over the past week I have come to appreciate the amount of effort and just plain 'amazingness' that my wife has embodied since I changed jobs. As I have tried to keep up with the kids and everything while she has been gone I have come to understand a little more what it is like everytime I fly off for a week or two.

Thank you Patti for all that you have done for the kids, the home and for me while I have been traveling and working far too much. I love you and truly appreciate it.

Anyway, for those of you (including Patti) who are curious, I am going to throw on a few pictures of the Dominican Republic. We are launching a site down there and I have been heavily involved in all of the IT infrastructure setup.
I hope all is well with you all and I will try not to hijack Patti's blog too often. She comes home tomorrow, so she probably won't let me!



As some of you know I was stuck down there on Father's Day, since I had to work all day Saturday before it and be there for a meeting Monday morning, there was no way to get home. (It takes anywhere from 14 - 39 hours to fly to PDX from there, depending on how bad the airlines mess with you... if you want an earful about the demons of the underworld conspiring to ruin my ability to get home ask me about the San Juan, Puerto Rico airport sometime - or maybe don't...) Anyway, I decided to go out to the beach on Father's Day with a co-worker and I ate at Boca Marina for lunch. Here is a picture taken there.




It was good food, and a great place to eat. The view was amazing. That almost made up for being stuck there - and if it hadn't been a 2 week trip, maybe it would have... maybe. Anyway, here are a couple of more pictures, I guess they don't need a lot of dialogue.




(That is sand, not snow...)

Above, the Caribbean beach of Boca Chica about 30 km outside of Santo Domingo.
Below, the view from my hotel room in Santo Domingo.















All in all, I would have rather been home - to be honest - but if I couldn't be home, at least I got to see something new.


Patti - thank you so much for doing it ALL by yourself for so much of the time! I love you.






2 comments:

abbyandcompany said...

Patti definitely deserves a trip! Where did she go? I guess I will have to check back again.

I cannot believe the contrast of the DR, beauty and travel and poverty and hunger. Crazy.

Laura said...

Patti... so sweet of your dh to post ... You are a great mom! I think it is great for every husband to get a taste of what moms do day in and day out... so glad you got a break... and so glad you have a wonderful dh that appreciates you!