Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 4th

Okay - one last stolen moment on Patti's blog before she gets home. Since she missed the 4th of July with us, I figured I would update on our fun since she will have totally different stuff to put up when she gets back.

The kids and I had a nice morning - Cap'n Crunch for breakfast, PB&J for lunch, and then we headed out to my brother's house in Vernonia for a BBQ. The kids got to go swimming in the pool with their cousins, as seen here.
Lexi had a great time, and I had trouble getting her out of there for dinner, but no real shock.






Spence was also having a great time - using his cousin's raft to float around and splash everyone. I think I caught this picture in that rare moment where he was contemplating his next victim.

After the swimming - we ate. Actually, it was the whole dinner being ready thing that caused the swimming to come to an end, but you get the idea.


We enjoyed the evening out on the deck, and then we went over to watch the town parade. The kids got a ton of candy and a couple of stuff animals out of the parade which was fun for them I suppose.
The kids then got to set off a few fireworks, and do the sparklers and pop-its that they love. Spence managed to spell his name correctly with a sparkler and everything.

Bella spent a large portion of the day (well, and the whole week really) in Daddy's arms since she gets kind of attached. We had a good time.

Lexi was her usual shy, reserved self as you can see in the picture here. (For those of you who don't know me as well, I have a sarcasm problem I have been working on for years... not sure if I will ever kick the habit.)


Just a note, but there is no 'family' picture because Patti wasn't with us, and she is the one who reminds me about it... she also is the one to remember the spare camera batteries which would have come in handy by the time I thought of it...

After that we waited and watched the town fireworks display from my brother's back deck.

It was a fun day. We hope you and yours all had a Happy and Safe 4th of July. That's all from me - I am sure Patti will fill you all in very soon on her trip to Illinois.






2 comments:

Meredith said...

good times for the cheney family! i really don't know why the husbands don't post more often. it's fun to hear another perspective.

NicKim Family said...

Great job Jared! The DR looks awesome, we'd love to go there one day! Can't wait to hear from Patti about her trip!!