So we had an unplanned trip to Idaho this last week. Jared's Grandma Cheney passed away and we decided that we should go as a family to go to the funeral. First I had to get an okay from my doctor. Luckily I had an appt. with him on Monday and so I went in got all checked out. It turns out that I am about 1cm dilated and about 25% effaced. He said that he doesn't usually let his patients go when they are this far along, but he said if I don't push myself and rest that he would let me go. We hadn't taken a road trip as a family in a long time, so we felt this was a good time to spend as a family and to visit family. We left Tuesday early and in the morning and got back late Thursday night. The funeral was beautiful and I personally got to learn things about Jared's grandma that I didn't know. The kids did pretty good traveling, though we did have a dvd player in the car, so that probably helped.
Spence and Lexi in Idaho by the temple
This a picture of a quilt that was made for Jared's grandparents back in 1979. It has all these squares that each of Jared's uncles and aunt families made for each of the grandkids at the time and the larger squares represented each family all color coded. I thought this was so cool.
This is a picture of the Rexburg Temple under construction. It is very beautiful and sits up on a hill next to the college.
While we were gone we also had a birthday. Spence turned three years old while we were gone and he loved that we were giving him a little bit of special treatment, since we had to be gone on his birthday. He kept saying, "I am the birthday boy!" The picture above is of Spence and Lexi (Spence wearing his new sunglasses and Lexi just wanted to be in the picture).
Spence with his new basketball hoop. He has been asking for one for months now and so we decided that is what we would get him for his birthday.
After we got back from our trip I had a day to recoup and do nothing and then it was back to real life. On Saturday we had a baby shower for my little sister Vicki and then all of us women (mostly my sisters and my sisters in law) went out to lunch for a special treat for Mother's Day. Then that night I went to a surprise party for one of my good friends Leslie. It was really good to see her because it seems we only get together once a year.
On Sunday it was Mother's Day and I received breakfast in bed after a little bit of sleeping in. That was great!! The kids and Jared came in with cards a present, yelling "Happy Mother's Day!" After breakfast we got ready for church and then headed off to church. Church of course was great and all the mothers received a little bag of chocolate, which is always great.
Then I was pampered the rest of the day and didn't have to lift a finger to make dinner or put the kids to bed. Not only was that nice being mother's day, but it was extra nice having that done when you are 35 weeks pregnant.
I guess that is all for now until next time. Hope you all are enjoying the updates.
Spence and Lexi in Idaho by the temple
This a picture of a quilt that was made for Jared's grandparents back in 1979. It has all these squares that each of Jared's uncles and aunt families made for each of the grandkids at the time and the larger squares represented each family all color coded. I thought this was so cool.
This is a picture of the Rexburg Temple under construction. It is very beautiful and sits up on a hill next to the college.
While we were gone we also had a birthday. Spence turned three years old while we were gone and he loved that we were giving him a little bit of special treatment, since we had to be gone on his birthday. He kept saying, "I am the birthday boy!" The picture above is of Spence and Lexi (Spence wearing his new sunglasses and Lexi just wanted to be in the picture).
Spence with his new basketball hoop. He has been asking for one for months now and so we decided that is what we would get him for his birthday.After we got back from our trip I had a day to recoup and do nothing and then it was back to real life. On Saturday we had a baby shower for my little sister Vicki and then all of us women (mostly my sisters and my sisters in law) went out to lunch for a special treat for Mother's Day. Then that night I went to a surprise party for one of my good friends Leslie. It was really good to see her because it seems we only get together once a year.
On Sunday it was Mother's Day and I received breakfast in bed after a little bit of sleeping in. That was great!! The kids and Jared came in with cards a present, yelling "Happy Mother's Day!" After breakfast we got ready for church and then headed off to church. Church of course was great and all the mothers received a little bag of chocolate, which is always great.
Then I was pampered the rest of the day and didn't have to lift a finger to make dinner or put the kids to bed. Not only was that nice being mother's day, but it was extra nice having that done when you are 35 weeks pregnant.
I guess that is all for now until next time. Hope you all are enjoying the updates.

1 comment:
Hey guys! I am having so much fun reading your blog Patti! It sounds like you guys had a great trip, even under the unfortunate circumstances. As sad as funerals can be, there is something so comforting about gathering together as a family and celebrating the life of someone you love. I'm glad you had a Happy Mother's Day, too! You deserve some pampering :) And Happy Birthday Spence!
Post a Comment